AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Life proof case and sound quality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/25/2015 10:32 (#4412955 - in reply to #4411519)
Subject: RE: Life proof case and sound quality

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have one on an iPhone 6 but haven't noticed the volume issue. Both of my vehicles have Bluetooth so the conversations usually come through the vehicle. I may experience this problem on my other farm equipment but just got the phone over Christmas so I don't have any experience with that.

I do know that I must be careful when purchasing lightning cables for my iPhone with the Life Proof case. The genuine Apple ones work but the generics often have a larger outer shell. The Life proof case prevents them from being inserted. If the case were removed they would fit. They are not a problem on the iPad since the plug is not covered by its case.

We have two iPhone 6s and an iPad Air which all use the USB to lightning cable. On a recent vacation we left two charging cables in the last motel room. We called when we got home the next day and they were going to send them to us. This was a week ago last Saturday and I haven't seen anything yet. This was a rather seedy motel but the only thing available at the time. I think some employee may have found a use for my cables.

I noticed yesterday at Wal-Mart that the cables they have for their picture printers in the store have the same problem. They had the various connectors for apples and droid devices. When I tried to plug in the lightning plug it wouldn't fit through my case. If I really wanted to use their picture printer, I would need to remove the case.

Yesterday I was driving my 2014 Silverado which I bought at years end so I don't have many miles on it. The iPhone was recognized for Bluetooth music and for my first phone call which came through the vehicle correctly. Later in the day, the phone was indicated but the sound did not come through the vehicle but music still did. This may have been confused by the fact that I did plug the USB to lightning cable into the USB port on the truck for charging. Apparently music can get to the vehicles sound system either with Bluetooth or the cable. My contacts do not come into the truck dash correctly either. They do appear correctly in my Ford Edge with the Sync system. In the trucks the items in my contact list come from the recents list on the phone. The recents and favorite lists are empty on the truck.

Edited by tedbear 2/25/2015 10:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)