AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's your LTE speed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 2/20/2015 02:38 (#4399874 - in reply to #4398801)
Subject: RE: What's your LTE speed?

Wi

Sitting in shop with Wilson router (just noticed I need to adjust it, have yellow light), USCC 4G LTE using open signal app. USCC two years ago claimed average down speeds of 3-6Mbps with peak up to 31Mbps. Open Signal shows my area as having 2.79Mbps average down and 8.06Mbps average up for USCC 4G LTE. National average down speed is 5.3Mbps. We have a 20GB business plan with 8 phones that use data.  IIRC its $150 for the plan plus on average 40-50 per device. If you go over they charge $15 per GB.

Ping: 65ms
Down: 3.9Mbps
Up: 5.8Mbps

Shop/Farm internet, Hughes Net Gen 4 using Ookla Speedtest.  Advertised as 10Mbps down max, 2Mbps up and have a 15GB monthly data limit for around $70/month. Unfortunately all we can really get, probably going to spend the extra $10/month to go up to the 50GB plan (unless there's a lot of hidden charges). Don't need that much data really but the 15GB isn't quite enough. The bigger plan is also advertised as having 15Mbps max download speeds, not sure if they will change or not.  Ookla speedtest lists nationwide average Down speeds of 8.35Mbps and up of 0.73Mbps.

Ping: 952ms (crappy part about satellite)
Down: 2.29Mbps
Up: 0.50Mbps

Recent test I did at home, Charter Spectrum. Advertised as 60Mbps and I've never had it test below 59.  Monthly data limit is 500GB but like many ISP's of this type, its not really enforced and there are no penalties or throttling like with satellite or cell. Nationwide average is 39.98Mbps down, 4.60Mbps up.  Everything is better about this internet, going to miss it when we move. Best value too, $40/month not bundled with anything because we stream videos/shows we want to watch instead.

Ping: 75ms
Down: 62.73Mbps
Up: 6.38Mbps 

National average broadband speeds according to Ookla are 33.14Mbps down and 10.33Mbps up.  

Globally the US LTE is decent, but far from the best. According to Open Signal Americans have access to LTE 67% of the time. Our speeds are pretty bad though, average download is only 6.5Mbps which ranks US near the bottom of their list. Aussies have the fastest at over 20. 

USA Carrier Average National Speeds according to Open Signal, Feb 2014.

T-Mobile: 11.2Mbps
AT&T: 8.9Mbps
Verizon: 7.6Mbps 
USCC: 5.3Mbps
Sprint: 4.2Mbps
Virgin: 4.0Mbps
Boost: 3.2Mbps
Metro PCS: 2.4Mbps

Of course national averages mean very little, checking the site for your region provides a lot better info.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)