AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Avg wage in relation to farmland values
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 1/31/2015 13:13 (#4352232 - in reply to #4352211)
Subject: RE: Avg wage in relation to farmland values

Clay SEIA - 1/31/2015 12:02

There's a '99 Chevy pickup sitting in my driveway with 181,000 miles.  It has the original engine, transmission, exhaust, and looks fine in spite of living on gravel roads.  '70s vintage pickups that my dad and grandpa used to run would have needed two engine overhauls and a tranny to get that far.  Of course they never made it to 180,000 because they got full of rust and fell apart, but I remember them getting new engines and going to the transmission shop.

Agree 100%. Just bought my son a 98' with 152,000 and changed all the fluids on it and will send him down the road with it. Truck has had the intake gaskets and the fuel pump changed. When I got my license I had a 10 year old truck with 84,000 miles we had to pull the engine, do the heads and valve seals, bottom end while it's out not to mention the pile of sludge under the valve covers. Replace fenders and rockers since they were shot. Bondo what you had to. Only complaint on newer trucks is the brake lines are GARBAGE. SS lines and they would have saved me from a near crash and my uncle. Both of us have had catastrophic line failure. Friend in my wedding had the same thing and the guy that works for me but did not have close calls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)