AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Candian farmers/equipment dealers get a free pass with low $CAD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 1/31/2015 12:21 (#4352102 - in reply to #4352027)
Subject: RE: Maizing -borrowing ?

Ontario's middle east
I'm kinda thinking I'm past that stage of life but I guess that may depend on what the 4 Maize Jrs decide to do so not something that I've giving much thought to. I guess it depends on what I was borrowing for. I tend to be a fairly conservative thinker but have taken my share of risks. I have always looked for places I could offset some of those risks. Given that mindset, it would make me look at the venture and say, does an increase in our dollar make that venture better or worse? In the case of a pig barn, the weaker dollar makes that a better venture so it will become more profitable and be capable of servicing the growing debt(in CA$ terms). If the dollar turns higher pigs lose profitability, but your debt shrinks in $CA terms. That is a rough, back of the napkin, 10000', big picture view (from an uneducated guy on the internet). After that you need to run some "what if" scenarios and see what kind of risk you can tolerate on a stress test. At the end of the day, a simple guy like me might just come up with "some of each"......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)