AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Doing cash flows and balance sheets...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 1/30/2015 08:57 (#4349367 - in reply to #4349359)
Subject: RE: $2.56 for corn and $6.16 for beans.............

west central illinois
00rooster - 1/30/2015 07:54

I fear of getting into another contest about cost savings. However, the surestart with atrazine program has actually worked for me for two years in a row. It is supposed to be a two-shot program, and I never assume that it will hold.(plan for the worst, hope for the best). But the last two years I haven't even sprayed my 2nd pass on corn because at canopy there weren't any weeds. Now there were some waterhemp stragglers that were just emerging at canopy, but they don't amount to anything because they don't get any sun.
Here was my recipe:

Water conditioner 1qt/100gallons
Surestart 1 qt/acre
Durango 24 oz/acre
Atrazine 1 qt/acre
Hero 2 oz/acre

It doesn't work every year, but I spray just as corn is emerging because I've had too many problems with herbicide messing causing emergence issues. Planting to Emergence is such a critical phase in the life of a corn plant I don't want any chemistry in the soil to mess with it because weather conditions are out of my control. I've had good luck so far since I've adopted this practice.

This hasn't worked every year, you still need to be ready to make the second pass or clean up field edges with roundup or maybe armezon
you should be making the second pass anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)