AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Monitor Options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 1/30/2015 07:51 (#4349181 - in reply to #4347790)
Subject: RE: tracker

n.c.iowa

I would tend to agree with you on this one. you brought this up in the downforce post. downforce and seeding are two separate and distinct functions in my mind, maybe i'm all wet but with a red planter it seems that you just have to make sure you have enough downforce, I don't think that excessive downforce has quite the issues on a red planter that it has on other types.

but the seeding system is a whole different matter, if you think about even the most basic seed drive system, it's actually amazing, to me anyway, that all the different subsystems work together for more than a few acres at a time.              I too have seen where a better planter monitor(I have a raven Omni row)  will pickup on stuff way quicker than a pro 600 ever thought about.  and probably saved/made me substantial money,( do a fair amount of custom work) the thing that case ih has this great disconnect about, is the fact that the guy that operates the planter( setup, troubleshooting, etc.) more than likely isn't the guy driving the planter.   and so might not even know what to look for in most cases........ now torn mentions the average guy,  I betting that more 20/20's have been sold to average guys than any other, in fact I know a few average guys that have them, and the only way you are getting that monitor away from them is their cold dead hands, literally. again another disconnect for big red. 

we can beat this dead horse all day long, but the simple fact of the matter is that I have never heard of anybody that has a more advanced seed monitoring system say that they wish they hadn't spent the money, and yes there are acres and acres of corn planted with the good old oem monitors that come up and yield just fine, but for me the more advanced monitoring has lessened the amount of stress at planting time.

Edited by johnny skeptical 1/30/2015 18:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)