AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Monitor Options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

trackerboats
Posted 1/29/2015 17:23 (#4347790 - in reply to #4347723)
Subject: RE: Case Monitor Options

all over the place
I think that would be interesting as well, I do tend to disagree with you torn on the outcome of that. if you read my post in an earlier thread about how I caught a problem with that 20/20 and the cnh monitor wasn't saying anything and then the reply from another gentleman with the same sort of issue the savings between our 2 customers was extreme. i also have to say that after buying a meter test stand i for one do not think precision meters have a great bennifit over cnh meters, of the thousands of meters i have run i would guess my average singulation of a cnh meter is somewhere around the 99.5-99.6% range and the precision meters maby 99.7-99.8% which does add up but over a lot of acres. when you can look at a map from 2 rounds ago and see that every 100 ft a meter goes goofy and you get out and there happens to be some twine from a seed bag wrapped around your meter, that saves you a ton of money, with accustst you would have to be looking at it all the time to even dream of catching such an issue, in my opinion after all the service calls i have made and all the post planting maps i have looked at a good 30-50% of our customers could have caught issues with there meters and or planters right away instead of after the crop came up and over the average of them saved tens of thousands of dollars in 1 year. it may not pay for itself in 1 year for some people but i find it hard to believe it would take more than 2 years. it all comes down to this, if you don't have fieldview you are just trusting the planter to do its job and have very little warning to problems, with fieldview you are 99.9% sure that if an issue comes up you will find it by looking at your singulation and or down force map, same goes for downforce, your just setting it in one field and trusting that it stays within reason, with fieldview there is no questions, i might sound like im a precision salesman but i am far from it, i dont believe in a fair amount of there products but fieldview is a no brainer for me on any planter built
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)