AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Monitor Options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 1/29/2015 16:51 (#4347723 - in reply to #4347684)
Subject: RE: Case Monitor Options

roaming
trackerboats - 1/29/2015 15:29

it may map singulation but can you go back and look at it on the fly? its my understanding that's a no, you have to import it into desktop software and it would then be too late to make proper adjustments unit the next year, if not I stand corrected

That is correct - you cannot view the mapped seed sensing info in the display, only on the desktop. You can certainly view the incoming data (singulation, etc.) in real-time on the display, but not as a map.

It would be interesting to take 1000 "average" farmers who are interested in the value of seed sensing technology like PP or AccuStat (but not guys who are thought leaders) , and give half of them (randomly-selected, of course) a PP system and training from a knowledgeable PP rep. Give the other half an AccuStat system and comparable training from a CIH rep. Then let them run identical Case IH planters planting identical seed on identical fields in identical conditions and see which group, if either, has an overall increase in yield after 5 seasons. Even that wouldn't necessarily be a fair comparison because of variations in the PP vs CIH meters, etc, but it would still be an interesting experiment.

I tend to think that the number of customers actually getting their investment out of seed sensing systems is a small percentage of those who have purchased them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)