AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Experience with hyd variable rate on JD1770 vac planter & 7120 Magnum?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 1/28/2015 21:05 (#4346055 - in reply to #4345809)
Subject: RE: Experience with hyd variable rate on JD1770 vac planter & 7120 Magnum?

Creighton, NE
I pull a 1770nt with a CIH 7120 and get along fine. Is it perfect.......... no, but it works, just a little slow raising and lowering on the ends IMO. This is a 16 row with one vac motor and one hyd drive. I ran it the first year with the 2 motors plumbed in series and didn't like the way things worked so the next year I put a 4th remote on the tractor and much better. It's nice to have that vac on a seperate circuit so you can adjust from the cab as the oil warms up in the morning. You can buy an aftermarket spool & used remote coupling from Abilene machine and the cable and lever from CIH , it wasn't all that expensive.

If you have 2 fans and 2 hydraulic motors your probably gonna be short on hydraulic power. Another option would be one of those pto hydraulic pumps to run some of the stuff like this http://www.commandhydraulics.com/#!hydraboost/cee5

I also run esets which require upwards of 20" of vac or better for larger seeded corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)