AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Payment terms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 1/30/2015 13:57 (#4350013 - in reply to #4345793)
Subject: RE: Payment terms

Dearfield Co.
I haul a fair amount of fertilizer and one of my customers I also buy from. I buy some fuel too . Several years back I was out on the road for 48 days in the winter and everyone spaced off the $1300 bill I had. When I got home and hit town for a few days the sheriff chased me down and served papers on me as they were taking me to court. I went and paid it right away but still had the credit hickey and was a little miffed. I went back thru all the invoices and found that their average was 45 days but slowly getting longer so the first time they hit 49 I sued them . The papers were served and I thought I would get a call for me to pick up a check but they had the balls to show up and try and ague with the judge saying they had a big financial statement nd most big companies only paid when they wanted. Judge gave me the judgement took me 60 days to get it collected so I put them on COD. He told me he would hire anyone but me if they were available 3 days before the manager got fired. His main statement to the judge was if you can't afford to wait 90 days on your money you don't deserve to be in business. I have a average of 55 days pay overall on my trucking now and it stinks------thats long enough for people to be broke and long gone
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)