AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sidedress NH3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 1/27/2015 19:32 (#4343067 - in reply to #4342278)
Subject: RE: Sidedress NH3

Morris, IL
We run 30lb. of N with the planter with a combination of in furrow starter and 2x2 UAN. I feel that is in range for bean stubble. I'm starting to think we might need to run more N with planter or before planting when we are in COC. I'm not sure, need to do more testing, have thought about running dry or liquid AMS on the corn stalks in the fall, maybe just kicking up 2x2 rate, not sure yet.

But sounds like this is all COB your doing, correct me if i'm wrong. But running the 30lb. of N with the planter has paid very well last few year. 3 out of 4 years we've seen 8-10 bushel from it and it alone. That was even some years we pre planted the NH3. We side dress everything now, i agree that is way to go to get the most out of your N dollar.

In this picture if you look very closely near the top left corner you can see a streak of yellow corn, hard to see but if you know what your looking for (like i did in the tractor) you can see it. That was no 2x2 test but with the wind we had couldn't see difference this year, last 3 years were the 8-10 bushel. Also saw streaks where our combine left chaff streaks (no chaff spreader) but you can't see it in this picture. We got a chaff spreader for 2014 harvest.

Edited by NEILFarmer 1/27/2015 19:41

(IMG_0905.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0905.JPG (143KB - 140 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)