AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

COW CALF producer stop hyperventilating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 1/26/2015 20:13 (#4340571)
Subject: COW CALF producer stop hyperventilating

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
Everyone including myself loves to top the market----BUT--- the reality is we don't always pull it off, we have far more flexibility to sit on and bring our calves forward at a heavier weight if we want to weather a temporary downturn in prices, a luxury our feeder brothers don't have, their concern and or fear with this over correcting market is not misplaced, with the cowman on the other hand such panic is misplaced IMHO . this correction if it bottoms out any time soon will still gross the producer somewhere north of $1000 for a 5 or 6 weight calf, a price that would keep most cowmen in the business. that being said I will go on record "for what that's worth " in saying the price on feeders will rebound back up, every market has peaks and valleys this market is no different, cant say if new highs are in our future over the next few years but I will say that this large of a correction is not cattle supply driven, the fact that our prices can be affected by wild swings on the board " right or wrong " is a reality that is undeniable. stay the course it will be a good time to be in the cow calf world for the next few years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)