AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gmo Ted Talk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

myron
Posted 1/27/2015 12:01 (#4342198 - in reply to #4340177)
Subject: RE: Gmo Ted Talk

Spring Grove MN
I listened to the whole thing. He has some very valid points. I agree it would most likely be impossible to feed the world raising organic crops. The food price of organics is much higher. The funny thing is, he only bashed non-gmo's, mainly organics. There was little to back up his claims. He spouted some numbers-really, there are numbers to show the opposite as well. A very one sided message again. If he wants to use the correlation of corn production increasing with the increase of GMO's why can the anti-gmo people not use the same correlation with the increase in human disease and sickness. (it needs to work both ways - which is it?) I call total BS on a statement he makes near the end. He states that rainforest land could not be farmed without the use of GMO crops because it will erode too fast if tilled. Funny, no-till works just fine all over the world growing non-gmo crops. Why would non-gmo crops not grow in no-till situations on this land? Maybe I am ignorant, but that statement seems to be an outright lie. I will be more than willing to retract/apologize for this statement if anyone can explain any FACT to his claim.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)