AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you miss prepared by generations past ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 1/25/2015 16:25 (#4337388 - in reply to #4337236)
Subject: RE: What do you miss prepared by generations past ?

Western Oregon
Grandma was a great cook and my Mom learned all her secrets. Mom retired when our daughter was small and she loved to cook with Mom. Mom has been gone now 10 years but daughter learned her secrets. Makes the best sugar cookies and pies....Oh everything is so good. My wife learned her secrets too. My wife didn't learn much cooking from her Mom. Her Mom wasn't a great cook but did make some of the old English foods. Daughter came along and G'ma was willing to cook with her and Son, then. M-I-L passed in June, Daughter and Son made a few of G'mas' favorites that they liked. I just never really enjoyed or learned to like any. We make and eat the older recipes, we have my G'mas' wood stove here at the off grid cabin. Plain old fresh from the garden foods, real homemade butter, and from canned and preserved. My wife bakes bread every week, many times half dinner rolls and half cinnamon rolls. Few cookies and sweets now, except at holidays. Fresh meats from small animals grown, hunted meats, vegetables from the garden and fish. We eat a lot of wild foods gleaned from the woods around us....James

Edited by jwal10 1/25/2015 16:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)