AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boumatic computer feeder control - pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

farmhard
Posted 1/21/2015 20:32 (#4328576)
Subject: Boumatic computer feeder control - pic

SE ID
I recently replaced a Boumatic 2045 feed computer with a Smart Dairy Controller I am wondering if I should have tried harder to fix the old 2045.
I think the the system discs I have (3.5" floppy) went bad and if they are replaceable through they would almost be as much as the new Smart Dairy.

If i remember right when the 2045 would attempt to backup the cow/feed data it would get about half done and then say the disc had bad sectors. If I could find a way to bypass the system disc and put in a hard or flash drive and make it work I might go back at this point.

I don't understand what is special on the system disc. A normal floppy doesn't format correctly or maybe the unit reads something off the disk. The dealer suggested I try formatting a disc but after trying multiple discs I gave up. The dealer may have already done everything they can even though I dont' think boumatic or the dealer have a lot of incentive to help me keep the old unit running and I guess I can understand that. I just thought I would post and try one last time to keep the old one running.

(2045.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2045.jpg (101KB - 185 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)