AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wireless Printer Connection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/18/2015 08:43 (#4319872 - in reply to #4319742)
Subject: RE: Wireless Printer Connection

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Moonliter - 1/18/2015 06:43

My printer works great wired but I want it to be located in spare bedroom 30' from the laptop in kitchen. Not enough conveient space next to laptop and 30' of wire wouldn't be cool. It did work before but I stupidly disconnected at direction of US Cellular techy. I've basically given up on the Kodak wireless and ordered a new Cannon Pixma MG5520 for $60. that is supposed to print 2 sided and also has airprint to use with ipod. Supposed to have easy wireless setup. For this money I can't spend the time and fustration the Kodak has given me. We'll see! Thanks for all your input.

I have one of those and I'm happy with it. It is completely wireless, the only connection to the printer is the power cord. My old XP computer is physically wired to my router. My newer Win 8 computer is Wi-Fi to the router. I can print with either computer via Wi-Fi. The computers and printer are in the same room and physically close to the router.

Printing from the iPhone 6 or iPad works but the pictures are not centered on the page.

Last year I had need to print on some 17" paper. I was not certain if this was even possible. I used the old XP machine which has a version of Word on it and was successful in printing some documents on the 17" paper. Ever since that time the other computer (Win 8 machine) displays an error message when I try to print saying that Bi-Directional printing must be enabled. After a bit of hesitation, it goes ahead and prints out the document just fine. Since this continues to work I haven't attempted to enable the Bi-Directional printing. Maybe that can be done on the XP machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)