AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Canada, your thoughts about Target?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Thud
Posted 1/15/2015 19:53 (#4314661 - in reply to #4314623)
Subject: RE: Canada, your thoughts about Target?

Near-north Ontario, French River
Where would you place 133 stores in Canada? REALLY??? Oh I know.. you put one behind the outhouse and another down by the ice rink and one by the beaver pond etc etc DUH.. I never did set foot in a Target store, either in Canada or the US, just not my type of store. Rarely set foot in Walmart either. I try to buy a little bit better quality stuff than these types of stores offer. I'd rather pay a bit more and get something that will last, that often means specialty stores or mom and pop /none chain stores. What many US based business folks don't get is that Canada is an entirely different market, whether its for cultural reasons or tax structure or labour laws or what ever , it's simply different. It seems as though Target just thought they could mirror their US business model,move into Canada and go head to head with Walmart who is well established already... well Target got their head handed back on a platter. Canadians would and do drive right by a Canadian Target store to cross the border and shop at a US Target... why?? Significantly lower prices and larger selection of goods.... Target was doomed from the second they made the decision to enter the Canadian market because they didn't take the time to learn the market and the customer base.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)