AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dairy cash flow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

yongfarmer89
Posted 12/22/2014 06:16 (#4256690 - in reply to #4256529)
Subject: RE: dairy cash flow?

whitesville new york
Puff I just took a screen shot of a website that has a pay scale that has the same numbers that my coop uses. Its got a number of columns. From left to right. Month, PPD (basis), protein price, butter fat price, other solids price, and estimates price using 2.99 protein, 3.5 butter fat, and 5.69 solids. For the most part they are paying for lbs of, protein, butterfat, and other solids.

Another thing that helps make me profitable also is that I don't have the overhead like a new barn, a mixer, fans and I keep my grain to milk ratio in line. 1\4 is normally accepted but right now I'm about 1\5 and I have gotten to 1\7 during good grazing. You add in lower cow matience and lower vet bills it adds up fast

M components are running this month are 3.16 protein, 4.35butterfat, 5.60 other solids. No locally a a herd pushing hard with have components that look like this. 3.1 protein, 3.6 butterfat, 5.70 other solids. Just feel free to play around with it. There are a lot of people that don't understand that they don't pay for water for the most part.

(Screenshot_2014-12-22-07-01-59.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_2014-12-22-07-01-59.png (94KB - 123 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)