AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at a Salford VT tool has anyone gone from the 570 to either the 1100 or 2100?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ilikegolfguy
Posted 12/20/2014 12:49 (#4252994 - in reply to #4252769)
Subject: RE: Looking at a Salford VT tool has anyone gone from the 570 to either the 1100 or 2100?

Velva, ND
Had a 41' 4100 and traded last year to a 50' 2100. Totally different animals and wish I could afford to run both. I would say the 1100 did replace the 570. The 2100 is heavier than the 1100. We use ours for fertilizer incorporation on bean and wheat stubble in fall. We run it across corn stalks in the fall as well. In the spring we use it on the wheat stubble that will be corn to true up the seedbed and also to dry up low spots in front of our disk drill. The 4100 does a great job in corn stalks and throws a lot of dirt, but it ridged more than I liked.

The rock and mud issue is the reason I chose Salford. If you hit a rock dead on going 9 mph chances are the salford will bounce out of the way but if it doesn't it's much easier replacing one blade than tearing apart a whole gang. Salfords can handle the wettest of wet conditions as well.

Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)