AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

***CAUTION*** Snowmobilers,Atv Dirtbikers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mulie
Posted 12/20/2014 08:59 (#4252553)
Subject: ***CAUTION*** Snowmobilers,Atv Dirtbikers

Northwest Ohio
Was out pushing some downed trees into fencerow at the farm at my moms house this morning and decided to take skid loader through the woods and make sure the trail was cleaned out while I was there. We had this woods logged a couple summers ago and this was the first I'd really been in there since then and I came across something really dangerous and potentially life threating. I spent almost everyday in my childhood in this woods either on a 4 wheeler or dirtbike and knew the trail like the back of my hand and I couldn't believe how the loggers had totally changed it with branch piles and new skidding trails and here is the danger in 4 spots right in the middle of the nice wide skid trails stands large and small stumps about a foot high I would never have thought about that so be aware if you are riding an unfamiliar trail or maybe like me a trail you think you know might have new hidden dangers so at least be familiar with where you are riding make a slow pass first so you are familiar with the surroundings. Sorry this is such a ramble and I may sound like your mother but I hate to see anyone hurt doing fun stuff after we are done working out tails off all year long. Be safe and have a Merry Christmas
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)