AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

653 Allison
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Badger
Posted 12/20/2014 11:11 (#4252813 - in reply to #4252639)
Subject: RE: Things to check - some dumb (maybe all)

Huntley Montana

Pat H - 12/20/2014 09:43 1. did you bolt on the flex plate to the fly wheel? (I know dumb question) 2. Are cooler lines connected to radiator (or cooler) and is there enough fluid in the system - it takes a little time to get it flowing 3. Is kick down cable adjusted wrong - not sure what it would do, but if it's in the engaged position with the throttle not pressed that wouldn't be right. 4. Does it have a brake on the back and is that stuck? 5. If you have a hydraulically activated pto, does it work and if not perhaps it's plumbed wrong. I've plumbed the pto wrong several times, but didn't check if it caused the trans not to move. I suppose it could if it released enough pressure. 6. Are the truck brakes stuck? Air brakes do that to me all the time. 7. Is the shifter set up right and doesn't it not move in any gear? (ie. if it's off a little maybe a lower gear on the shifter would make it go). 8. the fluid is usually just ATF and I think most modern ATF's are universal. Folks like synthetic, but that won't make it not run. I suppose if you filled with diesel fuel or brake fluid there could be problems, but about any motor oil or hydraulic fluid would at least make it go if it's not broken. 9. Was the new trans connected to the same type of engine (at least similar operating rpm). I did a 9L V8 to 466 swap and had allison swap springs and adjust it (which you can do yourself btw) and they were surprised it worked at all. It was set up for a gas engine rpm (3800) and the 9L I think only ran 2800. So if you are running a low rpm motor and it's set up for high rpm it might not go very well. that's all the dumb things I've done hth

#8 Allisons ARE TRANSYND ONLY  ,,, ATF will not work well

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)