AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on a new disk/rolling basket please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ruzijobeans
Posted 12/20/2014 06:01 (#4252279)
Subject: Opinions on a new disk/rolling basket please

central wi
I am currently running a Sunflower 1434 26ft. disk with a Sunflower 7232 30 ft. rolling basket hooked to the back. It does a good job but it's getting older and I am underusing the tractors pulling it (Steiger KM-280, KM-325, and a newly acquired CIH9170). Most of my ground is fairly sandy, some hills, all irrigated, quite a few stones. I rarely have problems with it being too wet for this basket, and have also owned Unverferth Rolling Harrows in the past with good results too.

I am thinking of upgrading to a Landoll 6230, 30 or 33 ft. I have always thought I would like a mounted basket instead of pulling a roller behind. I do a fair amount of disking in the spring ahead of veggies, about 350 acres ahead of table beets which require a very smooth seedbed because the planter (Stanhay) is very finicky about the conditions it plants in. My other planter (1760 Deere) is much more forgiving. The rest of the time I am doing fall tillage on mostly sweet corn and snap bean ground. Will I regret going to the Landoll baskets or maybe a Remlinger mounted basket vs. a Sunflower/Unverferth/J&M pull behind basket? Any other issues I'm overlooking? I have searched a lot of old posts about rollers, and would appreciate any opinions on my proposed setup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)