AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Want to install an Integra in a RT Deere running an FMX now.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/19/2014 07:44 (#4250669 - in reply to #4250591)
Subject: RE: Want to install an Integra in a RT Deere running an FMX now.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
lvia - 12/19/2014 06:10

The cheapest thing you could do is just use the Integra to map the varieties. All that would be required for that is cables for the display ($200), mounting bracket($76-114), and a cable to get GPS from the FMX to the Integra (Don't know the price of this). This would give you a variety map to use in the combine at harvest.

A step beyond the above could be to use the Integra for population monitoring. This would require the above and a Seed Tube Monitoring Module. The STTM can connect to the 37 pin connector that was originally designed to go to a Deere Planter monitor (250-450 etc.). This would give you advanced population monitoring for corn (virtual seed trench etc.) and basic monitoring for other crops.

The Integra could also be used with a Clutch Control Module to provide section control on the planter. I'm not familiar with using tramlines and how that would be accomplished.

Another possibility would be to use the Integra for steering. This would require some changes. One downside to using the Integra for steering is that it would not be available in the tractor for steering when it was mounted in the combine for harvest.

I use an Integra in my planting tractor for all of the above and more. The Integra can receive GPS from the Trimble receiver and most others.

Edited by tedbear 12/19/2014 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)