AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar boundaries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 12/19/2014 08:24 (#4250771 - in reply to #4250159)
Subject: RE: Greenstar boundaries

NEND
You can have multiple exterior boundaries for one field in Apex, I have that scenario on at least three field that have waterways bisecting them (but are farmed as one field). The 2600/2630 creates a "bridge" that connects the boundaries. I can't see the bridge in Apex, but when you look at the boundary on the display, you see where they're connected. You just simply make another exterior boundary in the Edit screen when you have your boundary layer active. For instances like another poster referred to where you may change a field boundary temporarily because of a change in field shapes for a certain year, I'll make another boundary and include the year in the name. Then you must tell Apex to make that boundary the Active boundary. I do not use my boundaries for section control (only for showing how many acres are complete/left to do). I can't say whether the "bridge" messes with that or not, but I would be very optimistic that it would work fine, it's a widthless/invisible bridge if you will.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)