AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Killing the petro dollar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 12/18/2014 19:21 (#4249672 - in reply to #4249436)
Subject: RE: Again, Goes back to the Point raised a month ago:

Napanee, Ontario
"I read now where Russia is selling lots of gold."

Curious where you read that? As far as I can tell, this is weak information from unnamed sources cited by Societe General.

"It appears possible that the Central Bank of Russia has started to sell off some of its gold reserves in December, with some sources reporting that official gold reserves dropped by $4.3 billion in the first week of the month."

I'm not sure the stock I put in this claim.. pretty sketchy details. Also note the use of the word "possible". Not a strong claim here IMO. And esp. given the voracity of accumulation they embarked on with the barbaric relic throughout the year. I think they would take a number of other steps first to save face, even if they were in a position where they had to liquidate assets. It would look very poorly executed, and weak to political counterparts if they had to do a 180 publicly on their gold accumulation strategy.

No worries about the answer, i think we both have a tendency to get heated in these discussions, as these are not trivial matters of concern haha. I made an effor to adjust my tone in the above response for that regard. So goes civility, so goes value ;)

Edited by OldMcdonald 12/18/2014 19:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)