AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Killing the petro dollar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 12/18/2014 13:23 (#4248930 - in reply to #4248844)
Subject: RE: Again, Goes back to the Point raised a month ago:

Napanee, Ontario
I hear you... I do have legitimate concerns along the lines you raise also. I guess my position is that I hope they don't pursue those avenues... and if they decide to?.... well, there's not much I can do about it I guess. So I'll just do my best and hope for the best. I think we both at least understand that there is trouble in the midst, so I would propose that neither of us has a false sense of security, but perhaps one is just more optimistic! haha

I think that it will be a case of relativity - some classes of assets are going to perform much better than others, and I'm hoping I'm choosing the right ones.... because whether I want to acknowledge it or not, I am making a choice by having wealth. it IS somewhere, in some asset, at any point in time as long as positive wealth exists. But who knows, you could be right and it's all for naught... or somewhere between that and my hope of getting it completely right.

But the way I see it, I gotta have a plan. LOL. - I guess for me, it is that act of 'planning', I suppose, that helps to mitigate the fear, and build up a sense of security and optimism. I see my ability to recognize and characterize a problem, and then taking steps to do something about it, as providing an edge over people that choose to ignore the problems and take no steps. And that, I guess, it what gives me some optimism, or a better sense of security - a perception of being more prepared and protected than most.Again, you might be right, and it all for naught, but I'm going to plan for the worst and hope for the best ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)