AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weekly Ethanol Report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 12/17/2014 23:35 (#4247908 - in reply to #4247870)
Subject: well..??

Honestly I'm not saying that Sat is wrong..  I don't believe we're gonna keep grinding 990.. either.  Short of Putin going into Ukraine.. (btw.. any news on that?

There's a lot of variables.. Everything Crude sold off hard after Thanksgiving like it was the end of the world.  (??)

Like I told someone else today.. If the world isn't ending tomorrow.. (??) then... I still want $5 for my corn.

The thing I overheard this weekend on a Friday night..

"The majority of those who have lost their jobs in the Oil patch.. do not know about it yet."

As sad as that makes me.. and it is sad.  Unfortunately it is playing out.. we're starting to hear about the job losses now..  Buddy who knows someone who was laid off today.. WHAT does this do to the domestic Shale revolution?  Shale production has STEEP.. steep decline curves.. It truly is a DRILL BABY DRILL program.. It would/will probably take a couple of months.. but are not markets FORWARD looking.. ??

If I'm a pilot over water.. and the engines quit.. I DON'T need confirmation of CONTACT to KNOW that I NEED to get the ENGINES restarted.. PDQ!!

So if it sounds like I'm saying.. "yal but this crash is different.."  maybe I am.. ??

maybe it's not...??

We need Shock absorbers..

and as someone else said today.. "maybe the Fed steps in.."  ??

A lot of ethanol producers are more established then in earlier more fragile times.. things will go up and down as usual..  and they will adjust..  Last I heard.. we still have the high cost ones who jump in and out when margins are good.. so.. things can/will pare back some.

There's only a myn things that could impact the results.. so.. guess just strap it on and see.

.. even I was amazed at today's numbers.  We are seasonally strong this time of year..  and in 2014.. yes we are.  Who knows how things will look by summer driving season.. (by then the gasoline sale could be over..??  but not expected..)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)