AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader electric clutch information
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/18/2014 07:14 (#4248197 - in reply to #4247783)
Subject: RE: Ag leader electric clutch information

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning clutches on every "corn" row: You should have a high quality GPS signal when attempting to cycle each of the 8 corn rows separately. With an Ag Leader single row harness the end pairs are often tied together. In your case that would mean that you would have 6 sections. A 2 row section on each end of the planter with individual single row sections in between. The reason for this being that if there is GPS drift and the outer rows are singles then the system might cycle an outer row off when it should remain on. This might result in a missing row for a fair distance. Having it tied to the next section could result in a "poorer" mismatch on shutting off on the ends but would generally be more desirable than having a missing row partway across the field.

As far as the stopping on the ends versus continuing to move: With row clutches the expectation is that you will keep moving. If you stop and raise/lower like you have in the past this may be counterproductive . Try to be as consistent as possible with your procedures on the ends. Then the "timing" of the system can be fine tuned to match your procedure.

I remember a customer several years ago who had row clutches installed and they worked very well for him. He drove school bus so his retired brother came out and planted during that time frame. After the corn emerged, he said he could tell to the row where his brother had planted since the older brother was of the habit of stopping on each end to raise/lower the planter.

Edited by tedbear 12/18/2014 07:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)