AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader electric clutch information
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Minuteman Farmer
Posted 12/17/2014 12:01 (#4246624)
Subject: Ag leader electric clutch information

We're adding ag leader row shut-offs to our Kinze 8/16 this year. We've got a JD 2600 monitor. Dealer is setting it all up and we'll have individual clutches on all 8 corn rows but aren't putting anything on the front at this time.

We've got internal and external field boundaries set up that all seem very accurate to where they were placed 2-3 years ago when we did them.

What I plan on doing, simply to ensure we don't have any issues, is to turn off the swath control and plant one pass all along the exterior boundary. Then, turn back on and plant the remainder of the field. Any issues with this?

Also, think I've done enough research to understand the mechanics of the clutches/chains etc but wondering if anyone has any additional thoughts or things I need to be aware of or take into consideration. It seems these clutches are very well built and work very well. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

What I can expect as far as performance, seed savings and yield boost? I know those are dependant on the types of fields we have and we farm 750 acres and do have a number of point rows. I figure 3-5% in seed savings, 10-15% increase in yield on the end rows where we overplant. Does that sound about right?

Lastly, we stop to raise/lower the planter on every pass. Rough estimate, how much time will we save by raising and lowering on the go now?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)