AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MPL WHEAT/CATTLE # 3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tass
Posted 12/17/2014 11:21 (#4246564 - in reply to #4246510)
Subject: RE: MPL WHEAT/CATTLE # 3

Vail, 08/09 was a rough ride for quite a few. Fall of '08 is when we put a whole bunch of 700+ urea on w/o sales covering the spread, and even $8 hrsw didn't work the next year..

Hall this is this part I just can not under stand.......At my Local Co-op, guys were piled up 2-3-4 deep prior to the July 15th deadline to book and PAY FOR $1500 MAP and that $700 + Urea. YET was told after the fact less then 2% had any bushels sold to cover those costs.

As usually I was the ODD BALL,was really nervous sitting with no fertilizer on the winter of 2008. My local Co-op manager even gave me a personal call to ask me why I was not buying fertilizer ? ? ? Simply told him EVERYTHING is crashing what do you think fertilizer will do ? ? ? I did bought a Nat Gas as a hedgie,,,lost $4600 bucks on that hedge but ended up saving some over 60K buying everything as its was applied in spring 2009.

We even had a door to door NH3 salesman to my NE selling mega priced product in July/August of 2008. This is really a true story "door to door"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)