AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can anyone tell me why certified wheat seed always seems to yield better?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 12/16/2014 21:03 (#4245394 - in reply to #4244980)
Subject: RE: Can anyone tell me why certified wheat seed always seems to yield better?

Sanilac Co. Michigan
keving - 12/16/2014 19:10

I intend to continue doing what we've done for years,I'm happy with my wheat yields.but I have heard of those who don't grow certified. I'm curious what their yields are

The last year I grew wheat from year out certified was 2013 My test field was Ambassador soft white. Now, I'm going to do some rounding, but the numbers were as follows:

Year out Ambassador run through my Clipper Mill and treated as it left the seed wagon with Viamax(?) treatment... it's a seed box treatment. Two trial strips 40' wide averaged @90 bu.

Cert. Ambassador with the standard seed treatment same trial strips @102 bu.

Cert. Ambassador with experimental seed treatment same trial strips @95 bu.

The seed treatment trials were for DS seeds and had to do with a combination of active ingredients as opposed to a single active ingredient. Long and short, the combination provided enhanced protection over and above what each would accomplish individually. It's a little like tank mixing Basagram and Reflex or Raptor. The combination gives better control than each individual herbicide is labeled for together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)