AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7830/9560
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cs3232
Posted 12/15/2014 08:09 (#4241282)
Subject: 7830/9560

I am new to both this forum and precision Ag, so forgive me in advance for my ignorance.
Precision Ag,auto steer,etc. is just beginning to creep into our area (Eastern North Carolina), and I am interested in trying it out, but know nothing about any of it.
My beginning interest is to be able to bed Tobacco and Potato land, and some bean and cotton planting(not really interested in the planter control right now, but would like to start with equipment that this option could be added to in the future),which will be done using a John Deere 7830. I don't believe that the 7830 is GreenStar ready, so I had been searching aftermarket options.
I would also like to add yield monitoring and field mapping to 9560 STS also. I was hoping to be able to swap display and receiver between the two, if I go aftermarket.
I know just like everything else in the world, "You get what you pay for", but I was hoping to get some advice on some options that are both accurate and economical (if that is possible). I just don't want to invest a total boat load of money and it just not work out on our farm, everything has been old school for so long, but I guess you have to start somewhere.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)