AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Steer for a 8520
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Canucker
Posted 12/15/2014 16:54 (#4242121 - in reply to #4242085)
Subject: RE: Auto Steer for a 8520

GreenOval - 12/15/2014 15:36

You're going to be money ahead to invest in the John Deere guidance on an integrated tractor. You'll be amazed at how much more time you can put in the seat at the end of the day when the machine guides itself through the field. I've been around all different types of guidance and the Deere system is by far the best on the market as far as Green on Green compatibility and user friendliness. Plus, the ability to upgrade the Greenstar components is nice.

They are only winning Green on Green compatibility because JD intentionally makes it difficult for others to work with them. Only company I know of that requires you to buy an unlock to use somebody else's system. Add to that shady marketing and SF1 is free (after you pay for it of course) and why wouldn't you go Green?

It may very well be a viable option, and there are indeed happy customers. I'm a bigger fan of Trimble myself. At least look at other options. How many non-JD tractors have you seen with JD systems? Around here at least, not many. My personal experience has been Green is awesome as long as you believe wholeheartedly that Green is awesome. But the guys I've worked with that compare apples to apples question why the Green apples cost so much.

Check out a couple local dealers, look at the competition, find what you feel is the best fit. And don't discount the value of good support from a local dealer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)