AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Relationship troubles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaGuy
Posted 12/15/2014 13:07 (#4241806 - in reply to #4240960)
Subject: RE: Relationship troubles

Sounds like something is troubling her. Is there more than just you being away a lot bothering her? I suspect there is. Is she truly over her divorce? Does she talk about her divorce? As you know women are far more emotional than men. She could be carrying guilt related to divorcing the kids father. Lots of women deal with feelings for a long time after a divorce, especially a divorce from her children's father. If this is the case you can't fix that, she has to. Women often have trouble with their emotional foundations. If this is the problem your not going to be able to repair the relationship. Hanging on as friends will only prolong the agony as you will always be hoping to restart the relationship and it won't. Or if the relationship does restart it won't be the solid and healthy one you need and deserve.

I understand you missing her kids, it's easy to get attached to them. After I took some time to myself when my relationship ended I realized I missed the kids more than my girlfriend, because of the pain the failed relationship caused. You admitted that the two of you drifted apart. Think about that. It tells you something isn't right. Why did you drift apart, do you know? Perhaps there is something holding you back and she sensed that. I'm just throwing things out here now.

Lastly, as most are telling you it is quite rare for a relationship to truly get better after reaching the point your relationship has. Probably hurts to hear that. The people telling you this have been through what you're going through and know how things turn out. You sound like a person that has faith, so lean on that. It will help. The good news is you can heal in time, even probably faster than you are now thinking. I highly suspect you will meet someone new and start a meaningful healthy relationship in less than a year. Research confirms that. And you will also most likely have children of your own as well. That is a very powerful thing and I hope this happens for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)