AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Relationship troubles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaGuy
Posted 12/14/2014 22:12 (#4240832 - in reply to #4236020)
Subject: RE: Relationship troubles

Mudawg........The feelings you are experiencing are normal. You're far from the first guy to go through this. Yes, it's tough. I dated a gal that had been divorced and had 2 kids as well. Her emotional needs were the reason we had to split. I blamed myself as your doing. I went to a bookstore and bought some books on relationships. This helped. I took life one week at a time. Forced myself to do things to take my mind off the situation the best I could. At the end of the week I asked myself if I felt better about myself, and the answer was usually "a little". After a couple painful months I realized I had made progress and decided my girlfriend had emotional needs that I could never fix. Her emotional foundations were cracked and only she could repair that.

As the others are mostly telling you, the chances of your relationship recovering are close to none. Invest your time in yourself. See others. I met my wife a year after my relationship ended. Best thing ever. Hang in there. You've learned from this experience and that will help you. I feel for you, but think you'll be fine with time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)