AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Too many Christmas gifts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fefernuse
Posted 12/9/2014 22:53 (#4230620 - in reply to #4229001)
Subject: RE: Too many Christmas gifts

Litchfield MN.

I love buying gifts for people--and thus love Christmas!  I inherited that from my mom.  Her favorite hobby was shopping for Christmas gifts.  Sadly, her health has caused it to be not so easy.  So what has happened--my dad has take over the shopping.  Where Mom used to go to a store to pick things out, Dad loves shopping online.  He's gotten pretty good at coming up with nice gifts for all his children and grand kids.

With relatives, we do a white elephant gift exchange.  $20 is the limit.

Our tradition with our kids (2) is putting together Christmas lists--no gift is too expensive; everyone has to have dreams.  Then my husband and I select something from the list; the boys chose something from them for each other. Granted, the dream gift doesn't happen, but it does give clues about our interests with one another. Then, we have the fun job of shopping.  Now, shopping for me is to plan ahead what I'm going to get someone.  Once that is done, then I go to the store or online.  There isn't wandering around or a lot of time spent looking.  My husband enjoys going along or shopping online with me as we are very efficient. We give the boys--and now there girlfriends--one nice gift and then stocking stuffers.  The price varies from year to year, but we do try to keep it the same amount for each boy.

Once we have the gifts, my husband and I make a special evening to wrap them around the Christmas tree. We spend the rest of the weeks having a lot of anticipation for the happy looks on everyone's faces. It is all relaxed and joyful.

Our Christmas shopping is done, already, with the gifts sitting under the Christmas tree.

My husband used to have the attitude as the rest of you.  He came from a family that didn't get into the gift giving thing.  But, when he married me and was put into my family's joy of Christmas, it rubbed off on him.

Christmas is a time to cherish giving and family.  Relax and think of gifts that will bring joy to each other.  Have fun!

Mrs. Fefernuse  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)