AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Too many Christmas gifts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

monse
Posted 12/9/2014 11:10 (#4229255 - in reply to #4229001)
Subject: RE: Too many Christmas gifts

NE ND
I have felt the same way. More and more the last few years. I was really disgusted with what Christmas was turning into. My wife and I buy one gift from "Santa" for the stocking and 1 gift, or 2 small gifts for each child from her and I. Keep it $50 to $75 per kid, 3 kids. My extended family (brothers, sisters, mom and dad) draw names and buy each other a gift for Christmas Eve. This year I told dad (who got my name to buy for) to take the money he was going to use to buy a gift for me and make a donation. Salvation Army, Church, Angel Tree, ect. He gave to local food pantry. I had his name and he said to do the same for him. Maybe you could tell the relatives you made a donation in there name. They would be hard pressed to complain about that! I guess the way I look at it is that I don't remember the three wise men bringing gifts to Mary and Joseph as well as exchanging with each other. ("Wow! Thanks for the gift card to Achmead's Camel Emporium! I need to get new reins for my camel!) My opinion is we give gifts to Christ. That would be to the needy and less fortunate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)