AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building new house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 12/9/2014 12:08 (#4229354 - in reply to #4229242)
Subject: RE: Building new house

Well, Bill, I am happy to hear that you are a big help in the laundry department. Dave does all of his farm, hunting, and bathroom towels in his washing machine that is in the basement too. He designed his bathroom to be big enough to include a washing machine. He didn't put a dryer in as he either throws it in my dryer, or I hang the laundry outside to dry on a pulley system that is right out my back deck (second story of the walk out basement). I guess I am thinking too much of my 90 year old mom still having to go down these dangerous steep steps in her older home. My brothers tried to get her to agree to a remodel to get the laundry on the main level, but she refused. For me, yes, I still can do the stairs, but in my case having the laundry on the main level, worked out extremely well when I had my hip and knee replacements. A week after my knee replacement, I was doing laundry using my walker to put the laundry basket on and could transport it to the deck so I could hang it out.

I am sorry I made the comment about that your post was written by a man, it is just that is what my father in law wanted to do when they built their house in the 70's. He wanted the laundry in the basement, but my mother in law refused. Of course, my FIL never did a stitch of laundry. Which is not your case. I am glad it works for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)