AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building new house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SpringBrookFarm
Posted 12/8/2014 08:37 (#4226889)
Subject: Building new house

Paradise KS
What do you regret the most when you built your house? My wife and I are in the planning stages of building a house out at the farm. A dream of ours ever since we got back from college. We finally have close to the money we need to get it done. We know we wont be able to build a "dream home" but it having a house out at the farm would be the dream come true.

We both grew up in 1 1/2 story houses and really like the way they work, but my wife is in love with a few full two story designs, but i dont think we will be able to do that. I like a couple of them but finding an arrangement that works is tough. One has all the bedrooms upstairs, which is nice because it creates a seperation of space, living space and bedroom space, but i just think about us getting old and then not being able to get upstairs.

We have looked at 1 1.2 stories where master is downstairs and other two bedrooms are upstairs and if we need more we can add them in the basement later, but my wife complains about always running up the stairs. (two year old and one due in april) So we would need at least a master and another bedroom on the main floor, well if we do that we might as wells just do a ranch and have all three on the main floor, but then coming up with a design has been harder then we thought.

So just looking for some ideas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)