AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Surface Pro turned into paperweight and its a throw away computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

MnDirtturner
Posted 12/6/2014 08:58 (#4223033)
Subject: My Surface Pro turned into paperweight and its a throw away computer

So after 13 months (1 month out of warranty) my Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb turned into a paperweight and won't turn on. I believe the power switch mechanism has failed. After many hours of phone time with computer repair centers and Microsoft I find out that they are basically a throw away computer, NICE. Microsoft said they would replace the unit for $300.00 for the same model. When I told them I would prefer to upgrade to the newer model while paying for an upgrade difference in price, they declined that offer.

Not really very excited about spending another $300 for another piece of crap computer, I haven't done anything at the moment. I just thought I would share my experience with others as I promised Microsoft that I would do.

Is that a rare problem with the Surface Pro? Where you aware that they we throw away units and that you better keep your data backed up if you want to retain for future use?

Am I being unreasonable here? This computer never left my dust free house more than twice and that was on a vacation trip into a dust free hotel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)