AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UCR. Update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmland
Posted 11/27/2014 11:30 (#4204920)
Subject: UCR. Update

ill
I would like to thank everyone on making calls and doing their own research on jurisdiction of the IL commerce commission on transportation of agricultural commodities. As we have found out IL law says the commission has no jurisdiction. That one post got more done than 8 months of my own phone calls to dozens of federal and state agencies. Whoever got IL farm bureau to change their website...Believe me it stired the pot. Step 2 ,,,, Who needs a UCR permit? if farmers hauling their own grain with farm plates not leaving the state need a UCR permit this can be interpreted many ways. It's been unclear for a very long time. every agency involved said they know of the problem but it will be very hard to fix because no one knows who's in charge. So to fix this I believe we must use the federal law that president Clinton passed regarding a plain language action plan. We as a group need to get clarification on #2 . Federal law states if there are any disagreements the administrator of federal motor carrier safety administration must make a determination. I have found every agency, federal & state, that I've talked to has their own interpretation. So this means if the delivery to a river terminal makes farm plates interstate then we are out of compliance and making state and federal law imcompatible. the person in charge of auditing for this in Washington knows of this. His name is Steve LaFreniere at fmcsa (202)366-0596 and he is not doing his job. The most helpful person I have talked to is Jill Laptosky at the office of the general counsel. She is in charge of plan lauguage action plan & is the person that can get the administrator to make ruling. January 1st the new UCR permits must be paid or river terminal tickets will be issued. Her email is [email protected] & phone no is 202-493-0308. I will be emailing her Monday representing farmers as a group on lack of response of all other agencies to fix this. All farmers in the US can call since this is a federal & not a state law. Alone will get nowhere and if we don't play by the system rules we lose'!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)