AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Considering SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

abert09
Posted 11/27/2014 00:11 (#4204048)
Subject: Considering SMS

Hello I wanted to post here and see what I get. I am graduating from college heading back to the family farm which has incorporated precision equipment in the past several years. I am hoping to start creating our own VR starter fertilizer and planting prescriptions upon returning home (try and save some $$). I have had a very fast crash course in SMS software with past internships and am wondering more about what it is all capable of since I want to use it this year. What all it is capable of importing as far as possible maps to incorporate into prescriptions. Government soil survey maps, grid sample maps, elevation maps (and if there are maps for these other than our 2630) yield monitor maps off of a JD 2630/and new Case equipment (unfamiliar with CNH equipment), NDVI maps- Are all these maps capable of imparting into SMS do they need to be converted into certain files?! Also overall ease of use, need to attend training, and Basic or Advaced since I have had several neighbors wondering if I could also do a trial run managing their precision data. Any information helps thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)