AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cultivating corn in 1948 pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 11/26/2014 04:27 (#4201943 - in reply to #4201524)
Subject: RE: Cultivating corn in 1948 pic

First off, as others have said, the quality of the photos for the time period is sensational. What I can't get over, and makes these old photos precious, is what prompted someone to think they needed to get a photographer out in the field to take pictures. That's what makes them such treasures of your families history. I have no photos of my dad or grandparents out doing farm work, and they certainly did plenty of it. Same for myself when I was a young man; the only known photo of me is when I was professionally photographed in mock setups for an ad in magazines advertising Sencor split-shot. Nobody ever thought ordinary daily farms chores presented a Kodak moment, and that is a shame, as I would treasure just one photo of my dad when he was a young man out on his 730 with a mounted picker. Or my mom on the MM 670 LP narrow front tractor my dad bought new, out in the field pulling the 15ft. MM disc, which she spent many hours on until us boys got big enough to take over for her. Never crossed any bodies mind to grab a camera and capture the moment. You are very lucky Curt, to have the photos to share with future family members. Thanks for sharing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)