AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From the Coach..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 11/25/2014 11:23 (#4200451)
Subject: From the Coach..........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Periodically on here there is a discussion about whether or not there is value to high school athletics. 

My opinion------ if the coaches are of similar quality to this coach, the programs should be encouraged and expanded. 

The following is one of his daily emails to his players.....note his linking to "lessons for life".       He is the head football coach at Albia, Iowa, and just came home from the state semi-finals.......and I think....for the second year in a row.  As I recall, he went to Albia about 5 years ago..........Albia had not won a game in something like 20 years when he took the wheel.  While he coached at Oskaloosa he went to the Dome several times.  Happens to be a personal friend of mine.......my three sons played for him.  I think he is 74 now.

Good Morning Everyone,

The football-wrestlers have a fat-body check tomorrow morning and would not be able to enjoy the steak dinner the booster club is serving in honor of being in the state tournament.  SO, It has been moved to December 7th at 6:00 p.m.  The Honors Convocation will be held after the dinner is concluded.  This year there really is a banquet. 

The 2014 football season is over for all high school players. We got to play more 2-A games than all but two teams in Iowa.  Now What?  For those who  don't get it, the journey is over, the final game was the end of the journey for them.  For those who get it, there are far more mountains to climb and a road map to follow in getting there.   I sure would not want playing in back to back semifinal games to be the high point in your lives.  Sure, it is something to celebrate and remember but there are greater things ahead and you have learned valuable lessons on how to get there.

Some of your football brothers who get it are already getting ready for Albia Football 2015.  They are out for winter sports and making regular appearances in the weight room to get stronger.  When they get in the room they are actually working and not sitting around for 30 minutes and sneaking out the door.  They will be ready.  Being strong is one important factor in being district champions and going back to the dome.  

There is something seriously wrong when the quarterback bench presses more than some of the junior returning linemen.  That has to change.  It is a simple fact that if you go to the weight room and work hard, you get stronger.  If you go sit and visit you don't get much stronger than those who sleep in every morning.

There is a price to pay to be a champion.  Celebrate those who get it and pity those who think just showing up is all it takes.  If you were the owner of a company, which would you want to hire, the man who works to be his best or one who will just show up?   Habits for life.

All it takes is a decision and what you are doing today is already a decision. 

Thought For The Day:

"It truly is the journey, not the destination, that makes our efforts worthwhile & we need to focus on each step & not the finish line."

Kominsar & Lineback, THE MONK IN THE RIDDLE

Question Of The Day:

Are You On A Journey Or Are You Just Taking A Trip????

MAKE A Great Day!

Coach Staton

Tough Times Don't Last . . . Tough People Do!

EXPECT  TO  WIN !!!

QUIET TIME

There is nothing better than older people praying for you.

We're not getting older, just getting closer to home!

The instructions are to pick four people You want God to bless. I pick you.

Please pass this to at least four people you want to pray for and a copy back to me.

This prayer is powerful, and prayer is one of the best gifts we receive.

There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's always pray for one another.

The prayer:

Father, Thank You for each and every day You have blessed us here on earth.

Thank You for Your tender mercies. Thank You for giving us friends and family 

to share joys and sorrows with. I ask You to bless my friends, relatives,brothers 

and sisters in Christ and those I care deeply for, who are reading this right now.

Where there is joy, give them continued joy. 

Where there is pain or sorrow, give them your peace and mercy. Where there is 

self-doubt, release a renewed confidence. Where there is need, fulfill their needs. 

Bless their homes, families, finances,their goings and their comings.

In Jesus' name, Amen. !!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)