AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valmar 7600 spreaders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 11/27/2014 20:51 (#4205832 - in reply to #4199864)
Subject: RE: Valmar 7600 spreaders

NWNODAK - 11/25/2014 01:07

Small tires or the bigger floats? I think floats would be a better ride but would be nice to be able to topdress corn when needed. Will be pulled with an 8335r with powershift. So maybe go with hyd drive or not??

I got the bigger ones from Valmar they are 750xx Nevin, from Canada that posts on here also got one at the exact same time as I did and got a set of big floaters made up by Harry's tire in Iowa for about the same price, but he has also had the bearings go out on the spindles and has had a couple of really close calls about messing up the booms when it happened, not positive but think the way the rim is offset on his setup put a lot of extra stress on the outer bearing but I could be wrong, all I know is I have never had any trouble with the tires I have, but maybe I haven't covered as many acres and/or drive slower also. Personally I would get the floats from Valmar and then look into getting a narrower set from a tire place like Harry's to use for topdressing if you want to go that route, I would also not get the hyd motor and I think the hyd requirement are kinda high, but maybe with a newer tractor like a 8335R it would be fine, just seems like 35+ gpm is a lot of hyd oil unsure if it is even possible thru a single remote on a 8R tractor, would probally need 3/4 couplers to really make it work right, there is another AgTalk poster who contacted me last winter/spring about one and he was getting a hyd driven fan on his so hopefully he will chim in as I don't remember his name but think he was going to be pulling it with an 8R also.

Edited by Dennis SEND 11/27/2014 20:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)