AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

propane vaporizer/american dryer 1706T
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 11/24/2014 09:44 (#4198200 - in reply to #4198078)
Subject: RE: propane vaporizer/american dryer 1706T

People also say that tractors without interlocks are dangerous, yet probably most have at least one or more without them.

We have 10 of them plumbed in parallel and another 3 as spares in a shed. We know a lot about them, but still are not sure how they work internally. Pretty simple on the outside. A regulator, a pilot, a burner and a thermostat. When plumbed properly they work extremely well. We ran out 2600 dryer last week in 30 degree temps with only one at 165 degrees.

Father in law has been using them since 2002. Started out with 4 and bought a bunch more when we added the bigger dryer. I do not know about other brands of vaporizers, but they are pretty easy to maintain. Though seems we always go through the line of all of them and can only ever seem to have a few working at a time. Usually thermocouple issues, dirty pilot issues, thermostat or gas valve issues. But we can still get parts.

When we bought the used ones (10 I think), we just took them into the shop, cleaned them up, and plumbed the pilot/burner valve to the shop LP to test them on a bench before installing them.

For our 2600 tower dryer, 2 maybe 3 are all that is needed most times. We are having to re learn how much they can do because the first original 4 were plumbed wrong.

Do you need some literature? I believe we have some.

Where did you find to get parts?

Edited by Fingers77 11/24/2014 09:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)