AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

disk ripper vs disk ripper disk (m&w vs sunflower)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 11/23/2014 21:47 (#4197482 - in reply to #4197233)
Subject: RE: disk ripper vs disk ripper disk (m&w vs sunflower)

Coles County, Illinois
Disk-Ripper-Disks where popular here for awhile but just about everyone got rid of them because the back gang would quit turning and suddenly you'd have a huge pile form. Another issue was that most were unable to adjust to disk depth versus the ripper depth. Case tried to address this with the 690 I had a neighbor buy one. The first year he got along well. The second year when we kept having damp conditions it started doing the same thing. The next fall he had an 870.

Earthmasters are hard to leave a level surface and that gets tougher when you widen the shank spacings. I've went back to 24" spacings from 30" spacing for exactly that reason. I've also noticed that my heavy duty S-tine leveler doesn't work too well above 5mph. I've pretty well accepted that I'll have to do a leveling pass before I can apply chemicals.

With an 8560 I'd not get one bigger than a 1465. They did make a 1475 which was heavier duty but the 1700's took that place in the line-up. I have a neighbor pulling a 1465 with an 8760 and he's not setting any speed records.

Edited by Herbie56 11/23/2014 21:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)