AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

geothermal heat pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 11/23/2014 19:16 (#4197000 - in reply to #4196794)
Subject: RE: geothermal heat pump

I dug mine in 2005, happy camper here, I had pro contractor / install and plastic weld the fittings, leak test, then I backfilled, he installed the main unit, I wired to it.
Mine is Carrier brand, I would go with them again.
Get some estimates though, with directional boring getting cheaper, some of those guys can do it cheaper and faster than you can mess around with it, and then you dont have your yard or field all tore up either.
Some here use a trencher too.

What worked for me, was I have a 24 in bucket and the last cut I drug the bucket so teeth would make little trenches, then I was able to lay one side of the tube in the tooth trench on one side make the loop, then back in the oppisite side tooth trench, and this made it easy laying the tube because it would fit snug till I backfilled.
Lots of digging, you'll be in good practice when done :-), be cautious of cave ins too....I think it took me 3 days in the summer, I have 5 runs, then the main feeding / returning the runs.

The sooner the dirt settles, the more efficient it will be, mine started coming around the end of the 2nd - 3rd year, it depends on what kind of ground you have too, yellow clay here.
Do you have a pond ? some here have their loops that way too, and another not too far away digs them in large circular hole vertically and the loops are installed as a coil.

You'll love it for air conditioning, and wont regret it either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)