AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Germany also continues to take back gold.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/23/2014 14:37 (#4196346 - in reply to #4196328)
Subject: RE: land

Pittsburg, Kansas

Good point Von.

And I'm pretty sure you, like me, don't really care about how the discussions turn out. We are all big kids and do what we want anyway. It is just that we have the opportunity of learning from one another.

Unlike some of the pissing matches about grain prices and speculation where "my dog is bigger than your dog", "I sold my gold and made $xxxx" will never come from you or I. That is not the reason we own it, so we can flip it and brag how much "right" we were. You and I win best if we are wrong, in that if the economy takes off and does good and our gold purchases look foolish, we win because we are in a good economy and our farms will do good.

You will never hear me brag about how much I made or lost on my gold or silver on this board. Because unless I fall on hard times, I'll never sell any of it.

Unless it is to trade for an asset I want more at the time, like farm land. Should the price of gold in USD go really high and farm land values go in the tank, and the US economy smooths out, that is a situation where I might sell a portion to trade it for another asset I want worse. I used to say the same thing about common stocks, but that is such a manipulated vipers pit now, that is doubtful. But never say never. Or like my dad used to tell me when I was mad at him as a kid and said I would "never" do this or that. He would calmly just say, "never is a long time".

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)