AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Germany also continues to take back gold.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/23/2014 13:21 (#4196187 - in reply to #4196102)
Subject: RE: Germany also continues to take back gold.

Pittsburg, Kansas

I don't see it as no risk.

But I see it as minimal risk. No more risky than farm land. They will reimburse us for either one at whatever price they decide on anything they decide to take. I see it unlikely they just unilaterally "take" it without remuneration. And if they pay us for it when they take it, it has to be worth at least a little more than nothing. Which in the case of gold confiscation, might mean the paper worth had went to nothing. It is all just speculation of whatever they can get away with at the time, so to me just that, speculation. In the mean time gold's purchasing power will be determined by the market place and/or whatever the powers that be determine it will be. There is no doubt in my mind today, as there was just a short time ago, that the price of gold is being manipulated and likely by our central bank. According to Jim Rickards they do not want the price of gold to advance too fast. It makes the fiat currency look bad. And while your main concern seems to be that gold might get taken away from us, I can see where the government might use it to wipe away its debts. Revalue gold at $20,000 and our debt as a nation does not look so bad with what we have in reserves (assuming we actually have it). I think that is at least as much of a possibility as them taking it away from us.

Look how few people own gold. It's tiny. The government may not care about the pittance amount of what the US public holds. And how are the oligarchs going to protect their wealth? They probably hold vastly more gold than us peons and they own the government. Look at what guys like Paulson and Soros own. Think the government is going to take their gold. Hell they are the government. So who says they are going to confiscate gold? It could be the exact very opposite, with so little out in the public (by the time the powers that be collect it all from the public that are frantic to sell it at either a very low price or take their "profits" at what they consider a very high price), they will not even care. They may shake the tree all they can in the "market" till the oligarchs get most of it, and not worry about the small amount we peons have.

People that understand the need for gold don't speculate with it (well maybe some of it). They buy it, and they hold it. They don't sell if for a "profit". If they do digress of it, it is to buy other hard assets like land and property. Wee the public for the most part just look at gold as a speculation. Something to make a quick US paper dollar buck off of. Few understand it. How are they going to know to hang on to it or not let the ones that do know about it not shake it our of our pockets? The sheep will always be shorn. I just hope to avoid some of the shearing.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)